First of all, please ensure that your system meets our technical requirements. You can read about them here. This article is about getting VPN Pro on your Desktop.
If you’ve just subscribed to VPN Pro, your browser might simply not yet realize that you have a valid subscription. In this case, it helps to log out and back into your Opera account before trying to install the client app. The step-by-step process looks like this:
- Please sign into your Opera Account. If you are already signed in, sign out and sign in again - this will help the browser recognize your subscription.
- In the Manage your subscriptions section, check if your subscription plan is visible. You can also check by going to opera://settings and typing VPN Pro in the search box in the top-right corner.
- To install the VPN Pro client app, click the Install VPN Pro app button in the same place in Settings, or in the VPN Pro badge pop-up.
If this doesn’t work, try disconnecting from any other VPN services, including Opera’s free VPN. You can also try restarting your browser, and clearing your cookies and cache.
Further issues on Windows
If the solution above doesn’t work, it’s possible that an error occurred during the previous attempt to install the client application, and now the installation is not proceeding correctly. In this case, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the VPN Pro Client app in your Control Panel (if it is present).
- Check if any processes related to Opera VPN Pro or VPNProService are running in your Task Manager (Ctrl+shift+Esc) > Processes or Services. If they are running, end those tasks or services.
- After performing the steps above, reboot your device.
- Open your Opera Browser and log into your Opera account. Find the download button for VPN Pro in Settings, or in your VPN Pro badge pop-up, and install the app.
Additionally, you can check if other software, like your antivirus program or networking services, are interfering with the VPN Pro client app installation. To do so, turn them off entirely before following the installation instructions. Some users report success after reinstalling both the browser and the client application while their antivirus software is off.
If your issue persists, please contact VPN Pro customer support. You can open our chat by clicking the blue Support button in the bottom-right corner of this page or email us.
Our working hours are Monday to Friday 08:00AM - 04:00PM CEST.